Terms and conditions
These General Terms and Conditions of TaxiTender B.V. (“YAT”) (hereinafter referred to as the “General Terms and Conditions” apply to all services which YAT supplies to you.
Please carefully review these Terms and Conditions set forth below.
- 1.1. YAT acts as an intermediary agent for third party ground transportation service providers (hereafter referred to as “service provider”) to and from airports. YAT makes reservations for you with these service providers on your behalf. The contract (final agreement) for the provision of the transport service is between you and the third party service provider of your choice. By booking a service from a service provider through our website, you are entering into a contract with the provider to which YAT is not a party.
- 1.2. Reservations are made through the YAT online reservation system and are subject to the availability of the requested ground transportation service.
- 1.3. Once you have completed your reservation via the YAT online reservation system, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail. You will also receive an E-voucher, which is used to redeem the service you have booked with the car service provider concerned.
- 1.4. YAT is responsible for the correct execution of your reservation order, but YAT is not responsible for the correct execution of the transportation contract. The general terms and conditions of the car service provider shall apply to your transportation contract. You can ask the car service provider for a copy of these general terms and conditions.
- 1.5. You are responsible at all times for providing the correct information required to make your reservation and carry it out. This means providing the correct name, e-mail address and mobile telephone number for the (lead) passenger as well as the correct pick the mobile phone turned on, in order to be contacted by the driver. If the phone is off or not reachable, the driver is allowed to leave the airport at least 30 minutes after the pick up time. In this case there is no refund.
- 1.6. The person who makes the reservation must be older than 18 years. When making a reservation, please make sure you are aware of the general terms and conditions that apply to the transportation contract and that you agree with these General Terms and Conditions.
- 1.7. All prices quoted by YAT are in Euro’s and include VAT. Quotations in other currencies are for reference only.
- 2.1. You can pay online by direct debit or credit card.
- 2.2. Payment must be received by YAT in full at al times before the transportation contract can be concluded.
3. CALCULATION OF PRICES
- 3.1. The price is calculated on the basis of actual distance. In addition, YAT charges a reservation fee of 5%. The price and possible surcharges depend on the date and time of the commencement of transportation. Local surcharges such as tolls and parking fees are included in the price.
- 4.1. Once YAT has received payment in full for the reservation, you will be sent an E-voucher within 24 hours to the email address you provided.
- 4.2. YAT reserves the right to review the prices at all times within 24 hours after reservation should the price be incorrect. This may be due to computer failures or changes in (local) taxes. Should the total price unexpectedly be higher as a result of this, Article 6 shall not apply. You can either cancel the reservation free of charge, or confirm it by paying the surplus amount.
5. AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE AND VEHICLE CATEGORY
- 5.1. Reservations can only be made by category, not by make/model. YAT and the car service provider reserve the right to use a car make or model that differs from the reserved category, or of a higher category, if the reserved category is not (or no longer) available. In this case you will not have to pay anything extra.
- 5.2. YAT is entitled, on behalf of the service provider, to refuse any orders placed by you before we have confirmed the reservation. We do not guarantee that we can successfully allocate a service provider to every booking request. Your reservation is final once you have received the YAT confirmation E-voucher. After that, YAT can no longer refuse the order placed by you except in the event of force majeure.
6. CANCELLATION OF A RESERVATION
- 6.1. Transportation contracts shall be binding for you after you have received a confirmation with a reservation number from YAT. This means that you can no longer revoke the reservations, since this right is not applicable in the case of transportation services. You can only cancel reservations, which should be done through YAT’s online reservation system. The date and time of the cancellation will determine whether or not you have to pay a cancellation charge.
- 6.2. If you cancel, up to 24 hours before the pickup time (as mentioned in the E-voucher) the cancellation is free of charge.
- 6.3. If you cancel, between 24 and 12 hours before the scheduled pickup time (as mentioned in the E-voucher), the cancellation charge is 50% of the price agreed upon.
- 6.4. If you cancel, between 12 and 6 hours before the scheduled pickup time (as mentioned in the E-voucher), the cancellation charge is 75% of the price agreed upon.
- 6.5. If you cancel, within 6 hours before the scheduled pickup time (as mentioned in the E-voucher), the cancellation charge is 100% of the price agreed upon.
- 6.6. In the event of a no-show, YAT will charge the full price and does not reimburse anything.
7. CHANGES OF THE RESERVATION
- 7.1. All changes to the reservation such as a change in the date or time of transportation must always be made as soon as possible via YAT’s reservation system, failing which, YAT cannot guarantee the availability of the transportation. If you do not have internet access when you wish to change your reservation, please inform YAT’s reservation department by telephone. The telephone number of the reservation department is specified on the voucher.
- 7.2. The car service provider will wait for you until 60 minutes after the arrival of your flight. If you provide your flight number when you make your reservation, and your flight is delayed, or arrives ahead of schedule, you do not have to let us know your new arrival time. The car service provider will monitor your flight in that case. If you experience delays before or during passport control, or it takes a long time to reclaim your baggage or clear customs, you must inform the car service provider by telephone. The car service provider’s telephone number is specified on your E-voucher.
8. LIABILITY, RESPONSIBILITY AND CLAIMS
- 8.1. Liability for the provision of transfer services between you and the service provider is restricted solely to those two parties between whom the service has been contracted. YAT shall act as an intermediary when making reservations for transportation to and from airports and is not a party to the final contract between you as a passenger and the car service provider. Therefore, YAT shall not therefore be responsible for any shortcomings in the car service provider’s performance.
- 8.2. YAT can only be held responsible in the case of a shortcoming related to its task as intermediary (third-party broker) and when this shortcoming can be attributed to YAT, or can be charged to YAT in accordance with the law, act of law, or commonly accepted practices.
- 8.3. Neither YAT nor the service provider shall be responsible for any losses you suffer (including for example any missed flights) due to your failure to allow sufficient time for your journey.
- 8.4. YAT's liability for damages as referred to in Article 8.2 is limited to the total price mentioned in the reservation. YAT shall not be responsible for any consequential damages.
- 8.5. YAT explicitly does not accept responsibility for reservations which cannot be made due to a fault attributable to the car service provider, such as failure by the car service provider to observe the maximum waiting time.
- 8.6. You are obliged to inform YAT immediately of any of problems or complaints in order to enable YAT to find an appropriate solution. If you do not comply with this requirement, you will forfeit your right to compensation or reimbursement.
- 8.7. Complaints must be submitted to YAT within 14 days of completion of the service mentioned in the E-voucher. Please state the reservation number in your complaint. When handling complaints, YAT will take on intermediary role between the passenger and the car service provider to the best of its ability. If an alternative offered by the car service provider is accepted without mediation by YAT or without YAT being informed of this fact YAT cannot be held responsible afterwards.
- 8.8. Furthermore, YAT and/or your service provider shall not be responsible and cannot be held liable for any delays, changes or cancellations in the service if the transportation contract cannot be executed, either in part or in full, owing to acts of God, nuclear disasters as well as military or civil conflicts and terrorist activities, as a result of ‘force majeure’, or due to other circumstances that cannot be foreseen by or are beyond the control of the provider. This is in accordance with the usual exclusions as per travel insurance policies.
- 8.9. All information on our website is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct at the time of publication. YAT shall not be responsible for any other inaccuracies due to ‘out of date’ information provided to us by the service providers.
- 8.10. In agreeing to the terms and conditions, you accept that YAT will in no way be held responsible for any losses, expenses or claims made by you in the event of any problem associated with the transfer and all claims will be (re)directed to the service provider.
- 9.1. Since child seats in some countries do not meet the European and North American quality standards, YAT advises you to bring your own.
- 10.1. As a passenger you may bring one piece of check-in luggage weighing of up to 32 kg (70.5 lbs), max. 158 cm (62 inch) l + w + h and one piece of carry-on luggage measuring 55 x 25 x 35 cm (l x w x h) and weighing 18 kg (40 lbs) max. per person. The sum of the dimensions of your carry-on luggage may not exceed 115 cm (45 inch), including wheels. YAT advises you to bear in mind that the trunks of most sedan cars cannot hold more than two pieces of check-in luggage. If you are travelling with two or more companions, or wish to bring luggage exceeding the free allowance, YAT recommends you book another car category, such as a minivan, instead of a sedan car.
11. MEETING POINT
- 11.1. Most airports have a meeting point is present in the arrivals area of the terminal. If this is the case, you will receive a map indicating the meeting point is indicated with your E-voucher. If there are several terminals, and you provided your flight number during reservation, your driver, or a representative of the car service provider, will wait for you at the meeting point in the arrivals area of the terminal at which your flight disembarks. If you did not provide your flight number, your driver, or a representative of the car service provider, will wait for you at the main meeting point indicated on the map. If there is no meeting point, you will be met directly after baggage reclaim.
- 12.1. These General Terms and Conditions are governed by Dutch law. Any disputes that arise in connection with these General Terms and Conditions shall be settled through the competent court in Amsterdam. Any claims shall expire one year after the termination of the reservation/provision of service by YAT.
- 12.2. In general, the law of the country in which the transportation takes place shall apply, to the relationship between the passenger and the car service provider. Any disputes between you as a passenger and the car service provider shall, generally, be settled by the court of the country in which transportation took place. However, different arrangements regarding the applicable law and competent court may have been made in the general terms and conditions of the car service provider.
- 13.1. Your Airport Transfer (YAT) B.V. has its registered office in Maastricht, The Netherlands and is registered with the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce under number 52775445. YAT can be reached by telephone at the number mentioned on the website, or by email at email@example.com. YAT’s VAT number is NL850592495B01.
- 13.2. YAT reserves the right to make adjustments to prices and conditions. This version was drawn up on 7 July 2012.